Thank you for your interest in Hillcrest Hope. We offer families rigorous education and curated community in a transformational housing environment, to build strong neighbors. Before completing your application, please read the following information carefully.
Hillcrest Hope Transitional Housing & Support is a transitional housing program designed to provide families with rent-free, utility-free temporary shelter and supportive services. Each family works hard to pay off debt, save money and learn valuable life skills. Staff and community volunteers partner with each family to set goals and gain the resources necessary to move into a home of their own at the end of the three-month program. We offer families restoration, redemption and a second chance.
- Hillcrest Hope provides each family with a two bedroom, fully furnished, apartment-style shelter unit complete with private bath, washer and dryer, as well as all household essentials.
- Each adult in the family must have a full-time job or be actively seeking full-time employment.
- Families are required to attend weekly meetings, including case management, budget counseling, life skills and community living.
- The program is based upon high accountability and families are required to live on an all-needs and no-wants basis.
- Submit a written application, either in person or online. The entire application should be completed to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
- It is then the applicant’s responsibility to contact Hillcrest Hope daily to express continued interest in the program. We do not contact applicants who do not show a commitment to the program.
- Once a program unit is available, applicants who have been calling daily will be contacted for an interview. This does not guarantee selection for the program. We interview several applicants for each unit and choose candidates who are the best fit for our program.
- We know that each family has a unique story and set of needs. During the interview we address these and go into depth about things like finances, concerns and goals. Therefore, it is helpful to have information about debts and all sources of income. We will also explain all program expectations so each applicant will be equipped to make the best decision for their family.
- We ask each family to thoroughly think about whether the Hillcrest Hope program is right for their family. A decision will then be made by both the family and staff to determine whether the program is a good fit for the applicant.
Hillcrest Hope believes in your ability to create a better life for your family. We offer transformation and second chances, and it is our goal to extend HOPE to each of our families and our role is to walk beside you along your journey.